Search engine ranking can make or break a business. It is estimated that a majority of people do not bother looking beyond the first search results page. This means that sites that are not listed on the first search results page are losing out on a lot of potential traffic and customers.
As a result, it is imperative that you get your webpage to the top of search engine results. Many site owners assume that this is a very expensive or difficult process, but it does not have to be.
Here are 7 ways to get your business to the top of search results.
1. Know your target keywords: One of the biggest mistakes that site owners make is that they tend to cram their website with many keywords and particularly keywords that are very broad in hopes of capturing a large audience.
While it might seem like a good idea, this means that they are competing with many more sites for the same amount of traffic which could backfire. Search engines are also cracking down on and penalizing the use of spammy keywords.
Instead of this, narrow your keywords down to specific and relevant ones.
2. Put forward good content: Regardless of SEO strategy, few things can substitute for good content on a website.
First, it ensures repeat visits from readers and on top of this, makes your site more search engine friendly which increases your chances of being ranked highly.
3. Inbound links: An inbound link is when another site links to your own site. Inbound links are often overlooked when planning for search engine optimization, but they shouldn’t.
First of all, inbound links drive traffic to your site which helps increase your search engine ranks.
If the inbound link is coming from a very popular or reputable site, it boots your search engine credibility and will make it easier for your site to get a high ranking.
4. Provide solutions to problems: When many people go on the internet to conduct a search, they often do by asking questions such as googling the phrase ‘how far is London from New York?’
Considering how many people search for such questions on a daily basis, answering them on your site could be a goldmine in terms of traffic and will help your search engine ranking as the engines will begin to recognize your site as an authority in your niche.
5. Embrace social media: From viral campaigns to trending stories, social media is one of the biggest forces in the digital space and in the world as a whole.
This can be harnessed to benefit your website. There are websites that derive a good chunk of their traffic from redirections on social media.
Consider opening a social media handle for your website and consistently growing and engaging with it will not only send traffic your way but make your site URL more search engine friendly.
6. Outsource to SEO experts: One way to improve your business rankings is to hire an SEO expert who will guide you in optimizing your business site for search engine rankings.
This includes everything from keywords to homepage SEO. If your business needs professional help in improving search rankings, there are a good number of professional services out there.
7. Pay for Google ads: Some businesses choose to pay for Google ads to guarantee a top spot in Google search results.
This means that the site URL will be at the top of search results relating to their niche. If you decide to do this, however, be very precise in your ad settings to avoid being advertised to internet users who are not very interested in your niche.
There are a wealth of ways to get your business ranked well in search engine results. Consider some of the above steps and grow both your site traffic and business.
Author Bio: Walter Barrington hails from U.S is a foodie, traveller and an avid tech & business writer. He is a blogger on his free time who used to blog about different niche such as technology, digital marketing, business, lifestyle, health, etc.