Featured Image Caption: Submit Government Tax Return Online
Every citizen of India is bound to give taxes to the government from their salary, pension or money made from any kind of business. The tax is deducted from the salary of an individual every month to meet the government rules. AT the end of each financial year, an individual can claim refund of their taxes by showing their investments and other details.
So, government tax return online has become very easy nowadays, one can easily do it by themselves without any help by following simple rules which are discussed below:
In order to e-file the return of your income tax you first need to register yourself on the online tax filing site and provide required details like your PAN, your name and date of birth, password etc.
Choose the e-filing tax return option
You can go to the download section of the page and can view the required form where you can furnish all the necessary details. You can either fill up the form online or in the offline mode.
Make the necessary selections
You need to make selection from the following:
- ITR-1: This form is for all salary and pension holders.
- ITR-2: This form is for those who earn capital gains.
- ITR 3, 4 and 4S: This form is for the salary holders and business owners.
Make sure that all your documents are ready
You may have to download the form 26AS which provides details of your tax paid against your PAN.
You can upload your form by clicking on the “Upload XML” option. After that, you have to log in to the XML file which will be automatically saved in your computer and click on the submit option.
Procedure for uploading ITR
- You need to download the ITR preparation software.
- You should then gather all the required information related to your income, deduction of tax payments etc.
- Then the pre-fill button is to be selected and all the necessary details have been provided.
- You should then click on the calculate option and find out the total amount of return.
- You should then save the data of the income tax return in XML format.
- You should then log in to the e-filing website and select the e-file option and choose the upload return option.
- The correct assessment year, ITR and the saved XML file should then be selected.
- Your digital signature certificate should then be uploaded and the submit button should be clicked on.
Preparation and submission of ITR online
- In order to submit government tax return online, the following steps are to be considered further.
- You have to login to the income tax filling website and select the e-file option and click on the “Prepare and submit ITR online “option.
- After that, you need to do the following selections- Income tax return form ITR 1, ITR 4S, and he particular Assessment Year.
- If have to then upload the digital signature certificate.
- The submit button should finally be selected.
- If your submission is successful, the ITR-V will be displayed on the computer. Then you can download the ITR-V which will be sent to your registered email id.
If the digital signature certificate is not uploaded along with ITR-V, the process might not be completed yet. In such a case the ITR-V should be again downloaded and sent to the processing center in Bengaluru within 4 months from the date of your income tax filing.
Thus, you can submit government tax return online all by following the simple steps which are discussed above.
By Lauren Bracy
who is a qualified blogger and loves to write blog on different topics.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.