Raksha Bandhan, as name significance a protection knot. On this special day, all the brothers make a promise with their sisters to protect them throughout the life without any condition.
A festival of true bond between brother and sister. The relation between a brother and sister is so unique because it covers all the relations itself. It starts as a brother and then becomes as a Friend, Mentor, Partner in Crime, Bodyguard and many more. Rakhi is celebrated on Full Moon Day in Sawan Mas i.e. August. This, we also called a “Festival of Thread’ which shows unconditional love from a sister to her brother by keeping a promise to be with her ever and forever. Although apart from its deep meaning, it also gives an excellent opportunity for all sisters to make their wishes or demands complete by asking their gifts from her brothers. This festival is very lovable because it shows true love and caring.
Girls have a special craze for Rakhi. They browse Rakhis online or offline and then finalize the one to buy. They decorate pooja thali for their brothers. In the same time, Boys plan to buy the Rakhi’s gifts and think what will be the best gift for their sisters.
On this special day, Government also provides free bus and train facilities for all sisters (ladies and girls) so that everyone can travel to meet their brothers. Because we can not compare such uncoditional siblings’ love with any commodity.
Market was decorated with different kind of rakhis. Now a day, we have huge range of rakhi staring from INR 10 till no end. Kids are very excited to buy their favourite cartoon character’s rakhi.
Here are some different types of Rakhis:
1. Zari Rakhi: All these types of rakhis have made by using Zari thread which gives these rakhis royal and shiny look. These rakhis contains golden thread.
2. Cartoon Rakhi: These types of rakhis are more popular among kids, aged max 7 years. Basically, these rakhis contain a cartoon character in which kids can choose their favourite one e.g. Chota Bheem, Doraemon, Ben Ten, Tweety, Casper, Shaktiman, Casper, Micky Mouse, Donald Duck and many more.
3. Floral Rakhi: These rakhis are made from different types of flowers which gives a feel of ancient times and made them beautiful and special. These Rakhis’ fragrance made them different from other and added advantage which spreads in surrounding.
4. Musical Rakhi: All these types of Rakhis are technology enabled which contain sensors and a musical sound. Functionality of these Rakhis have been activated on touch. Once they detect any activity through their sensors, it works and then play some melodious music.
5. Gold, Diamond and Silver Rakhi Bracelets: There is also an option to buy gold, diamond and silver rakhis’ bracelets from the market. A wide range of such rakhis are available in market.
To conclude, this festival is a symbol of love where money doesn’t matter.
Author Bio: This article is written and shared by Soni Mangla.