Unsure about how to retain the gorgeousness of your bouquet last longer? Receiving a flower bouquet is always a happy concern. But, as much as you want to keep them forever, flowers will start wilting shortly after you have received them if they are not properly cared for.
So, you just had your flowers delivered to you, now what?
- Keep fresh flowers away from excessive temperature, which can quickly dry out the flowers and can cause wilting.
- If your flowers have arrived in plastic, remove them as soon as possible.
- Make sure not to place the arrangement near fruit or in the path of the cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to flowers.
- Avoid placing your flower arrangement in areas with excessive sunlight, as they may wilt due to overheating.
Keep Your Flowers Looking Fresh
- Make sure that your vase is filled with water with all flowers and foliage being submerged. Flowers stay fresher and longer when they get a drink!
- Instantly remove dead or flaccid leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangement.
- Fill in the vase with room temperature water about an inch from the top. It is also recommended to add flower food.
Trim Those Stems
- Trim the stems at an angle. Doing this will definitely help flowers absorb and drink up more water.
- Flowers look fuller when they are placed close to the lip of the vase.
Pick Out Extra Leaves
Removing those extra leaves provide a cleaner look, especially when you are using a transparent vase. Aside from this aesthetic appeal, it also restricts bacterial growth. Bacteria in water shortens the life span of the flowers, so, it’s best to prevent them from happening.
Check Your Flowers Everyday
Make sure that you take time to check your bouquet every day. Different types of flowers wilt at different times. When you notice any that have begun to fade, remove them straight away. Dead flowers can affect the life span of all other in the vase.
Change Water Every Week
Replacing the flowers with fresh water every week and re cutting the stems about an inch is highly preferred. Ensure that the vase is clean properly in order to give flowers fresh water to take in. Watch your water. When it gets cloudy, it’s time to change.
Following these simple tips can help you enjoy your flower bouquet for longer period of time.