Featured Image Caption: Stone Restoration in Sydney
Stone restoration involves restoring worn out stone like granite, travertine and marble to its original installed state. It may also consist of changing the surface of the stone in order to match the installation management or owner’s desired finish. An owner may seek honing services for a polished surface in some cases.
Only professional restoration companies can carry out the restoration process. Janitorial or maintenance companies may not have the experience and tools that are necessary for restoring natural stone. Experience, equipment and knowledge are investments that are made to ensure that understand and handle stone properly.
Aspects of Stone Restoration
Restoring natural stone or polished marble typically entails removing damage and scratches form stone surfaces by using mechanical abrasion.
- Since natural stone has the ability to reflect light, it does not require wax or a topical coating to create this type of desired finish. Mechanical abrasion is a technique that is used by skilled technicians before careful polishing.
- Honed finish restoration consists of using abrasives to achieve the desired finish.
- Restoration of a flamed finish can be undertaken using the same method that is implemented when processing the slab or tile. The stone is subjected to burning that is controlled to pop the crystals and results in a unique finish.
- Restoring each surface of the stone requires several different techniques and approaches.
- Restoration professionals ensure that surrounding surfaces are protected from damage.
The cost of stone restoration varies with each job as pricing per square footage is not always practical. Every stone is associated with unique challenges along with the customer’s expectation regarding the desired outcome for the surfaces.
Various factors are taken into consideration like the availability or electricity and water supplies and the location of the building. Regardless of what the cost may be it is a worthwhile alternative to replacements. With proper and professional restoration, installations look as good as new.
Duration of Projects
Different stones and desired results for each stone as well as the extent of the job determine how much time will be required to finish the project.
Customers can look forward to their stone regaining its brand new appearance. You will be given some maintenance instructions to facilitate proper care on a long-term basis. Advice is also given regarding how to prevent the need for total restoration in the future. Wear etch marks and scratches can all be removed.
Restoration services depend on certain flooring needs, for example, as well as the type of material. Restoration can be as easy as thorough polishing and cleaning or as complicated as scratch and crack repair, grinding, refinishing and maintenance.
- Through cleaning helps to restore and beautify your stone materials.
- Touch-up services put things back in order when staining or wear begins.
- Grinding along with refinishing is useful for restoring surfaces to their pristine condition.
- Polishing enhances the aesthetic appeal of surfaces.
- Sealing protects and preserves flooring and minimizes the effort that is required to clean it.
- Professional restoration offers benefits such as making your stone look new again, protecting your investment and reducing maintenance.
By Lucy Jones
who works at a design, branding and marketing firm, having founded the same firm 9 years ago. She likes to share knowledge and points of view with other developers and consumers on platforms. Click here for Stone Restoration in Sydney.