Featured Image Caption: Online Update Aadhar Card
As an Indian citizen, you’re probably well aware of how important an Aadhar card is. Without an Aadhar card, you will not be able to get basic things done like get a new mobile connection, open a new bank account and so on. Every single citizen of the country needs to have an Aadhar card under any circumstances.
If you haven’t already applied for and received yours, it is about time that you did. Irrespective of age, gender, caste or religion, every Indian citizen is eligible to apply for an Aadhar card. The Aadhar card cannot be applied on the family name, it can only be applied on the name of an individual and can only be used by that specific individual. Infants, senior citizens, adults and teenagers can all have their very own Aadhar card.
What Is An Aadhar Card And Why Is It Unique?
If you’re wondering what exactly an Aadhar card is, it is an identity proof document that is provided on application to every citizen. Every Aadhar card has a unique identification number of 12 digits. Further, this card is unique because it has a biometric information on the card holder. This profiling includes the finger print and the retina scan.
There is no way that any individual can misuse this document. Even the possibility of fraud is nearly impossible with this card. The Aadhar card is also unique because it is valid for life. Unlike other documents like a driver’s license or a passport, the Aadhar card doesn’t have an expiry date and it doesn’t require renewal every few years.
Here Are The Benefits Of An Aadhar Card?
Having an Aadhar card is extremely beneficial for multiple reasons. Let’s now discuss the various benefits of having this card:
- Having an Aadhar card allows you to get your LPG subsidy directly transferred into your bank account. All you need to do to avail this benefit is that you need to link your 17 digit LPG consumer number to your 12 digit Aadhar number at your local LPG provider and once the linking is done, your subsidy will be directly transferred to your bank account.
- Passport application becomes much quicker and easier. Besides, one can no longer apply for a passport without an Aadhar card. Earlier, the process for passport application was long and complex and nobody would receive their passport without the police interview and verification. Now, however, this has changed. With your Aadhar card you can apply for and receive your passport within ten days. The police interview and verification can be completed post the receipt of the passport.
- The Aadhar card alone is sufficient enough proof for you to open up a new savings bank account. Earlier, one had to submit a plethora of documents and identity proofs to the bank in order to open a new bank account. However, now all you need to do is submit your Aadhar card and you’re good to go.
Already Have An Aadhar Card And Need To Make Changes To The Personal Details
While the Aadhar card is a document that has lifelong validity, your personal details may change during the course of your life. Personal details can change when you get married or divorced, when you change your residential address by moving to a new home, when you change your mobile number and email address and so on. If your personal details have recently changed, it is absolutely essential that you get the details changed on your Aadhar card too. The process for detail change is simple and easy. Typically the most ideal way to complete this change in personal information is by making the amendments online. However, in the case that your mobile number has changed, then you will have to make the changes via post.
Online Method To Make Aadhar Changes
- Log onto the official Aadhar portal and click on the link that says update Aadhar card.
- The text that is asked for on this link will have to be filled in by you and once you have filled in the details you need to click on the “get OTP” button.
- You will receive your OTP on your mobile number and email address.
- Enter the OTP in the given box on the Aadhar portal and hit the log in button.
- This will bring you to the Data update page. Here you can update all the information that you need to change.
- Once you have made the necessary changes you need to submit the update request by clicking on the given number.
- The next step involves selecting the document which you will upload from the drop down menu.
- The document will then have to be scanned and uploaded. Once it has been uploaded you need to hit the submit button again.
- Next, the BPO Service Provider Selection page will open and here you will be required to select the available service provider and proceed.
- The average time for your Aadhar card to get updated will reflect on the screen.
- You will also get an update request number (URN) that will help you keep track of the progress.
Aadhar Update Through Post
If you’re wondering how to update your Aadhar card via post, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the correction form
- Fill in the given fields with the corrections
- Make sure that the form is filled in English or the local language that was used at the time of filling up the original Aadhar application.
- Send the form along with self-attested copies of the documents that act as proof of the personal detail changes.
- Mark the envelope with “Aadhar card correction” before you post it and once the verification of your claim is complete, your Aadhar card will be updated.
Making changes to the Aadhar card is a simple and hassle-free process. You must under all circumstances ensure that your Aadhar card is up to date so that any discrepancies in the future are avoided at all costs.
By Lucia Adams
who is a professional writer and blogger.