Featured Image Caption: Laser Cutting Machine Cutting Sheet Metal
If you are in an industry where quality is valued over quantity, getting the Amada fiber laser machine might be the first thing you should check off your list.
Laser cutters are superior to tools that use techniques like waterjet or flame for cutting metals or ceramics with high precision. Because of this reason, they also cost a lot more than other cutting devices. Therefore, many small enterprises usually rely on buying used metalworking machinery for sale. This way, they get access to a similarly efficient machine at a lower price.
Are Fiber Laser Cutters Really Efficient?
Fiber laser cutters consist of a laser source that generates a high-power laser beam that is further concentrated by an optical setup before projecting the beam on the metal surface. The extreme heat of the laser beam melts the metal at the focus point, and a high-pressure stream of gas blows away the molten metal from that spot.
Fiber laser cutters are very accurate, but their accuracy and sturdiness also depend on their make. There are more than enough brands of laser cutters out there that are enough to make a new manufacturer confused.
Amada is a pioneering company in the field of manufacturing laser cutters. And we will be learning about some of the key highlights that make Amada laser machines the best in this space.
Critical features of Amada Laser Cutting Machine:
Amada laser cutting machines will gradually replace traditional cutting machines, and the following are some reasons why this will happen.
- There is no contact between the cutting part and the workpiece, so there are no unwanted scratches on the surface.
- The degree of precision is very high, and the cutting speed is fast as well.
- The heat affected area is comparatively small; thus, the heat deformation in the metal is almost negligible.
- As a CNC driver controls the cutting head, so it has very accurate repeatability.
- Due to its user-friendly interface, it can be easily programmed to cut a particular shape.
- Although its initial cost is slightly higher, it can be considered a valuable investment due to its longevity and future-proof solutions.
How is the usability of Amada Fiber Lasers?
Different users who have used Amada laser cutters for at least six months affirm that they are delighted with its performance. The laser cutters seem to be standing firm to their claims of high traversing speeds and high precision operation. Also, the machine is straightforward to use and highly flexible. All these reasons make it a piece of high-value equipment which completely justifies its high prices.
Things to Look Out for While Buying a Used Amada Fiber Laser Cutter?
Laser cutters can be very expensive, owning one such tool might not always be the best decision if a company is just starting and doesn’t have a stable financial condition. Similarly, today the market is flooded with buyers who are more interested in buying used machinery than a brand new one. This has led to the formation of an entire resell market for this equipment, as a result, there are many forged items in the market.
Following are some pointers to keep in mind while buying used machinery.
- The first and foremost thing is to compare all the part numbers to that of newer Amada models, and you will be able to understand if this is an Amada laser machine or some cheap knockoff.
- Checking for part numbers will allow you to understand if any part of the device has been replaced during maintenance.
- Always ask for a warranty and a complete record of all the repairs that have been done on that machine.
- Compare the prices by consulting with multiple dealers and choose the equipment that best suits your needs.
- Look out for any worn-out parts or loose contacts before making a purchase.
- With time, CNC-based devices tend to lose their precision and speed, ensuring that the current tolerance levels are perfect for the kind of job you are willing to perform.
- Lastly, make sure that the software is almost the latest one, or if not, it should still be able to integrate with the latest design file types, or else the entire purchase will be useless.
Modern manufacturing industries look for precision in their products more than anything, and the way to achieve that level of precision is by using laser cutters. Laser cutters have made traditional methods of metal cutting obsolete.
Amada fiber laser cutters are known for their high efficiency and precision in their operations. As discussed in the above portion, most enterprises cannot afford new laser cutters and have to rely on used machines for their needs.
By Josh Argenton
– is a well-known blogger who has been writing for the last several years. He has written blogs and articles on a wide range of topics including technology, health & beauty, sports, business, food, animal, entertainment, home improvements, and much more. He helps brands share unique and impactful stories through the use of public relations, advertising, and online marketing.