Featured Image Caption: Face Fillers Before and After
Nowadays, face fillers have become the new norm. Why should you look old and tired while you can look young and rejuvenated? Well, are they as good as they sound? That’s the question most people would be curious to know. And guess what? If you have plans to try them, we have compiled a comprehensive guide to help you learn more about this cosmetic procedure.
What are facial fillers?
These are some famous cosmetic techniques designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines that most people don’t like or any other sign of aging. They involve small injections of gel, also known as dermal fillers. And they are composed of hyaluronic acid, which fills in the fine lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the soft tissue. You can get a facelift as you work around your eye area, cheeks, jawline, and lip tissue.
People tend to confuse between fillers and Botox, but the two are different. Botox injections stop the muscle movements in your face causing wrinkles. In comparison, dermal fillers fill out below the wrinkles and smoothen them.
Types of face fillers
- Hyaluronic acid is one of the most common types of facial filler that helps maintain shape and even-out depressed skin through hydration. Your body naturally produces this gooey substance, and a more considerable amount of it is usually found in your skin, eyes, and connective tissue. Other than injection, this acid is used in eye drops and topical serums.
- Poly-Caprolactone (PCL)- it’s another popular type of face filler, also known as Ellanse. After injecting this acid into the targeted area, it quickly triggers the body’s natural response, stimulating collagen production.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite- this type of filler consists of minerals found in our bones. Any facial filler performed with this material is likely to last up to 18 months.
- Polymethylmethacrylate beads- these are the only type of fillers your body can’t absorb, and that means you get permanent results. They specifically work around the mouth area.
How dermal fillers work?
Collagen in our bodies, which keeps us looking youthful, diminishes as we age. And this starts as early as 25 years, and the rate of decline continues up to 2% yearly. So, generally, the essence of face fillers is to restore the lost proteins by stimulating collagen to add volume, plump, and smoothen the deep-set lines.
For example, you can get your hollow cheeks and eyes plumped out. Some other stressful facial problems are the fine lines on the nose and mouth, which you can get softened. And chin fillers are also common to some people.
One thing that you need to make sure of is that when you are getting dermal fillers, you should get them from a certified and experienced plastic surgeon. There are plenty of pop-up parlours that offer these services. However, it is best that you avoid them. You can contract infections that can leave you with prolonged illnesses. The way to go is to opt for the best plastic surgery singapore institute that are experts when it comes to dermal fillers.
Are facial fillers affordable?
While looking at the filler charges, it’s crucial to also compare with other options such as skin creams. Another critical factor is the amount needed per region. On average, a shot of filler would usually start from $652 per syringe. That’s according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Different ways of injecting fillers
Effects of face filler injections depend on how deep they go into the face.
- Deep injections (firm fillers) are for those looking to mold and shape their face.
- Mid-depth injections (medium-firm fillers) are for people who want to reduce their creases.
- Shallow injections (soft fillers) are for anyone who wishes to smoothen surface-level wrinkles and achieve plumper skin.
Four Key information you need to know before booking a filler appointment
- Always seek opinions from various doctors after each consultation. Face fillers remain unregulated, unlike cosmetic surgery.
- If you’re going for hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, avoid the permanent type and choose temporary as sometimes fillers may tend to go south.
- As HA now uses cutting-edge technology, dermal fillers have become springier, softer, and easier to shape, unlike earlier on. It’s a treatment that results in a more natural look. Juvederm and Restylane are some of the brands that have improved the HA, which means the dermal results can last longer (up to 12 months). However, an individual outcome may vary as everybody breaks the HA at different rates. Some might have it staying for longer than others.
- According to Dr. Alex Karidis, a practitioner specializing in surgical and non-surgical facial fillers, said there should be a limit on filler use. “Plan to plump a sagging face before the appearance becomes too obvious. And that’s the best time you can achieve a natural result,” he says.
Possible Dermal Side Effects
Most of these side effects are usually rare and may differ from one person to another. However, it’s always safe to use an experienced practitioner. Some of the common ones include;
According to the FDA, these disappear after two weeks.
Rare side effects
- Raised bumps- these rarely form under the skin and can get treated with medications, through injections, or surgical removal.
- Blurred vision and permanent blindness- these two are an infrequent occurrence but might happen when the filler gets injected into a blood vessel. If you start noticing your skin turning blue or getting into excruciating pain, you should immediately inform your administrator. These are signs showing that filler has penetrated your bloodstream.
In Conclusion, facial fillers are the perfect solution as your body loses subcutaneous fat leading to wrinkles and saggy cheeks. They help to soften the wrinkles and deep lines as well as lift and support your skin. That’s according to an NYU Langone Health dermatologist, Mary Stevenson.
By Naman Modi
who is a Professional Blogger, SEO Expert & Guest blogger at Beverly Hills. He is an Award-Winning Freelancer & Web Entrepreneur helping new entrepreneur’s launches their first successful online business.