Diabetes has materialized as a major healthcare problem in India. This is basically caused due to lack of insulin in the body. Ladyfinger is a natural source of insulin and is an ayurvedic way to treat diabetes.Ladyfinger, also known as Okra or gumbo is a high fiber content vegetable known for its high soluble and insoluble fiber content. This vegetable is an effective in fighting type 2 diabetes. Being a blood sugar stabilizer, the seeds are full of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors. They restricts the starches to get converted into glucose in your bloodstream.
Nutritional Breakdown of Ladyfinger
100 grams of ladyfinger contains 1.5% energy in the form of calories, 7.03 gram of carbohydrates, 0.1 gram fat, 2 grams protein and 9% fiber. Other nutrients content include niacin 1 mg, folates 88 mg, 21.1 mg vitamin C, 53 mg vitamin K, 0.36 mg vitamin E, 81 mg calcium, 0.8 mg iron, 0.094 mg copper, 0.99 mg manganese, 57 mg magnesium, zinc 0.6 mg and 63 mg phosphorous.
Ladyfinger and its Remedial Measure in Diabetes
It is extremely truth that ladyfinger possess some anti diabetic properties. Its viscosity property of carbohydrate available helps to slow down the uptake of sugar into the blood by reducing the rate at which sugar is being absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, thereby reducing the glycemic load of glucose in the blood. The soluble fiber present in it draws in bile acids that contribute towards the raised cholesterol, allowing the body to pass acids out of the system rather than getting reabsorbed in the blood.
Soluble fibers therefore offer the extra potential benefits towards lowering cholesterol level and at the same time reducing breakthrough of diabetes.
- For diabetes sufferers, cut the ends of the few ladyfingers.
- Put in a glass of water overnight.
- Cover the glass and keep it in the room temperature.
- Next day remove those ladyfingers and before breakfast, drink this glass of water.
- Perform this on daily basis.
- Within two weeks you will observe a remarkable result in the reduction of your sugar level. Diabetes will be cured. This experiment has already been tested on humans and miraculous result has been achieved.
This anti-diabetic activity is proved both in vitro as well as in vivo studies. Both the studies published in the scientific journals showed gradual decrease in blood sugar level.