Featured Image Caption: Man Wearing Protective Gloves And Apron Safely Packaging Orders
Paper is one of the widely used materials for almost everything, including food packaging. And it is also one of the most environment-friendly materials when it comes to packaging. Paper products are biodegradable, which means they can be readily recycled and disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
A lot of companies, big or small, use paper because it’s versatile and cheap. Moreover, paper can be made into different types of containers, from simple paper bags for bread to a more sophisticated packaging. Even though paper is inexpensive, it can still hold up to a lot of food and prevent damage.
Paper-based food packaging is rising to popularity as the negative effects of plastic-based packaging continue to rise and the imposition of plastic tax. Companies are looking for a more environmental alternative.
Paper is made up of natural resources
Paper is made up of natural resources such as trees, wood pulp, and oil. These resources must be harvested and processed into paper for it to be created. Paper production can have a large impact on the environment and the communities that rely on forests for their livelihoods – with this in mind, paper bag manufacturers make sure to source materials from FSC certified providers. When you use FSC-certified papers, you are sure they are coming from an environmentally accountable provider because FSC advocates the equitable management of natural resources.
Paper is environmentally-friendly
Paper food packaging is environmentally-friendly as paper is biodegradable and can be recycled up to 6 to 7 times before paper fibers can no longer be reenacted into paper.
In addition, the fact that paper can be made from post-consumer waste, screams paper is more environmentally beneficial than single-use plastics which are relatively harmful.
Paper can be use in multiple ways
Paper is a versatile material that can be formed into different shapes and sizes. It is also more durable than many people realize. Paper-based food packaging can be used for wide variety of forms:
- Air sickness bags or bags for vomiting
- Wrapping paper
- Wax bags for food
- Cardboard boxes
- Milk cartons
- Colorful paper bags
Paper can be printed on
Paper food packaging shows a great advantage when it comes to marketing your business. It is also an excellent choice when it comes to bending, folding and cutting. You can print on paper with any of the latest printing technologies. Colored paper bags with aesthetic designs are also available. You can use paper to create attractive labels for your product.
Lightweight and have different purposes
Generally, paper is lightweight, which means it is easy to carry and store. But, depending on its method of production and packaging purpose, paper can be found as Kraft paper, sulphite paper, greaseproof paper, Glassine, or parchment paper which have differences in weights.
- Kraft paper is one of the strongest papers and widely used for packaging flour, sugar, and dried fruits and other purposes. Kraft paper is made from wood pulp, which means it’s a renewable resource. It’s also good for the environment because it doesn’t need heavy chemicals to produce.
- Sulphite paper is lighter and particularly weaker and is used to wrap snack foods and sugary foods.
- Greaseproof paper and Glassine have both dense cellulose fibres within them that improve both of these papers’ oil resistance, making them perfect to package snacks, biscuits, fast foods, and other greasy foods.
- Parchment paper, or vegetable parchment, is cellulose-based paper that has been processed to give it added properties such as non-stickiness, grease resistance, and humidity resistance. It is commonly used in baking as a disposable non-stick, grease-resistant work surface.
In conclusion, paper-based food packaging is an environmentally-friendly alternative to plastics. It provides many benefits that are not harmful to the environment as it is a great candidate for recycling and a renewable resource. Paper bag manufacturers, like Bagitan Packaging, offer a range of different paper bag sizes that have multiple uses, can be customized and is lightweight. It is a better option than plastic and other materials that are often used in food packaging. The advantages of using paper-based packaging should be considered by not just businesses but all of us who are looking for alternatives to plastic and other materials that are harmful to the environment.