Featured Image Caption: Flight Booking Process
Jump to read...
Booking a flight ticket is as simple as that. Only the thing is you know the complete procedure. It takes hardly 15 minutes to fill the search form & the ticket appearing in the mailbox. Flight booking only takes a fraction of seconds after payment confirmation from the customer’s end. From the airline’s side, there is a pipeline of events and systems for issuing an air ticket. After that to make sure the right person is boarding the flight or not there is a procedure too. This article has everything which you want to know about the Flight booking process.
Let’s have a glance at how airways distribute their work
There are four types of main players in the ticket booking procedure.
- Companies for Inventory distribution (GDSs, OAG, Innovata, ATPCO)
- Inventory retailers (OTA, airline’s website, metasearch engines, traditional agencies)
Flight booking: When a passenger or travel agent books a plane ticket they have two options: the first one is a direct channel and the second one is an indirect channel.
Direct flight booking: When a traveler books their ticket directly from the airline website. It is called direct booking.
Indirect booking: When a traveler books their flight ticket via OTAs, GDS, or metasearch engine. When a user looks for flight ticket booking from a third-party website via search engines.
Fare and payments: In order to receive a PNR the customer pays the flight fare. This fare includes charges for seats, taxes, and third-party service charges.
The allocation of fees between the customer and airline, OTAs, GDS works as below.
- GDSs paid by airlines for distribution
- OTAs get paid by GDSs to close the sale.
- The travel agents will have to pay a fee for using its service to the GDS terminal.
- If Customers book ticket via an OTA sometimes will have to pay a service fee
This all was about the flight booking process. Now let’s have a look at the requirements for flight booking.
If you are a traveler then there are some documents which you will require for flight booking.
Requirements for flight ticket booking:
If you are a traveler and are going to book flight tickets. There are some requirements which you must share with the airline.
- Traveler’s name
- Number of travelers
- Age (Date of birth)
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Your credit/debit card or net banking details for payment
You will need these details when you are about to book the air ticket.
Well, when you read what are the requirements for a flight ticket booking. Let’s have a look at the requirements for traveling via domestic flight.
Things you should have for domestic air travel:
If you are traveling for the first time and have no idea which documents you should carry. Here is the list. You can match the documents and prepare if any document is not valid or needs updating.
- Pan card
- Voter Id card
- Photo for identity
- Passport for identification
- A Valid driving license
- For infants, date of birth and birth certificate is required at the time of check-in
- A child must carry school identity card
In this article, you get the complete details which will help you to book a flight and travel. Hope you understand the flight booking procedure and its requirements. Such a long process of flight booking and it takes just a fraction of seconds to confirm the ticket booking.
Process of flight booking by the customers’ end:
As you read the flight booking process as to how it works, let’s have a look at the process for a customer’s end.
If you are booking a ticket from an online portal. You can follow these given steps. In order to get a cheap flight, you should book your ticket in advance of your trip.
- First of all the customer will have to search for the destination in the search form.
- Enter the departure and arrival cities in the search option.
- Compare the price of tickets from other airlines.
- Check the arrival and departure timing (as per your convenience).
- Select the suitable airline’s flight
- Now book the flight by entering traveler’s details
- You will have to enter the traveler’s name, age, contact number and mail id.
- Ensure that the name and other details are the same as your id card (Adhar card or PAN card.)
- The last thing is paying. Use net banking, credit or debit card for online payment
- Now you will get a flight booking confirmation email or message.
If you will have to book a flight from an airline or travel agency. You can visit there with your important documents and details. After that, you can get help from an airline or travel agency staff for flight booking. Before confirmation for booking ensure that all details are correct and valid. Cross-check the departure and arrival date and timing. Now you can pay and get a confirmed flight ticket for your trip.
Hope this article gives you insight into the flight booking procedure and the requirements. Which would be helpful for you.
By Avni Mehar
– Flight booking is a very simple process which takes just a few seconds for ticket confirmation. Behind this scene, there is a long process that you can read here. After such a long procedure travelers book their air ticket.
Member since June, 2021
View all the articles of Avni Mehar.