You may be nervous and feel scared a bit when you are assigned to organise the next Christmas party for your office. If this is how you feel then you are not alone. This is because it is a great challenge to organise something that all your colleagues will enjoy.
For arranging the perfect party, one thing that you must keep in mind is that it is never too early to start thinking about Christmas. You may feel that it is too early to start going into the festive mood, but before you know you will find that the venue that you were thinking of, is already booked and most of the caterers are already appointed. Thus, you can be sure that no matter how early you think you have started to plan, someone or the other must have outreached you.
This is a thankless job that is most often dumped on people with little or no knowledge about how to arrange for a large-scale event.
That is why, here are some tips that will help you throw a dashing party that your office colleagues will enjoy to the core and remember for years to come.
- Setting the Date – Keep this in mind that Christmas happens to be a very busy period. That is why it is mandatory to get the date scheduled as soon as possible. This is the time of the year when the diary gets filled up fast. Send out potential dates across the office so that you can have an idea of the preferred date from them. You cannot please everyone so choose on the principle of “majority rules”. Thursdays and Fridays are most popular for throwing Christmas parties. Organising the event in January is also a trend in many companies to kick-start the year.
- Arranging the Budget – The size of the budget will decide everything starting from the venue, the entertainment, the food and the booze. Find out the amount of money that you have to spend and then allocate the budget on the basis of the most vital thing that is preferred by the group. You should also leave some money as backup.
- Determining the Type of Christmas Party, You Are Organising – There are variety of options that you will get in this case. You have to decide whether you are planning a daytime or evening event or both. You also have to think of whether you are going to invite the families of the staff who keep them going and so on. All these will depend on a number of factors like location, budget, how much you want to be involved in the party and the number of potential attendees.
- Booking the Venue – The earlier you book the venue the better for you. You must keep it in mind that good venues are not available if you are late. So, depending on the number of people that you have invited and the amount of your budget you should decide the venue fast.
- Filling Bellies with Scrumptious Food – For any successful event, food is the key. If you think that serving turkey is important for your group, choose the venue and arrange for the caterers accordingly. But do not go for the traditional Christmas dinner if there is no specialised caterer. People will enjoy the food that they prepare best rather than something that the in-house restaurant team has no idea of.
The above are some of the things that you must follow at the time of organising the perfect Christmas party for your office. This way you will be able to throw a party just like a professional event management agency which your office colleagues will remember for years to come.
By Sawoni Chowdhury
who is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment and lot more. She works with Wonder land Agency, which is among the best event agency in the UK.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.