The installation of AC duct has many considerations like the size of the unit. It is one of the first and the foremost thing to find whether the unit is running constantly. The client therefore should be aware of all the details about the system and how well will it serve the purpose. The prime importance is the comfort, health and the well-being of the members of the house. Hence the quality and the quantity of the air need to be judged with precision.
Kinds of ducts available
There are at least four different kinds of ducts available as duct accessories. They are as follows:
- One is the galvanized iron duct that is made of steel and is coated with zinc. They also include a hot dip of electro galvanized sheets of steel. These are used mainly for the manufacturing of the standard ducts.
- The other variety is the mild steel duct that is made from high-quality mild steel. It contains about 0.16 to 0.29 % of carbon. This is basically used for kitchen exhaust as it has the basic characteristics of fire resistance. So, if you live in a bushfire prone area then you can install such ducts in your home.
- The third kind is the stainless-steel duct that is only used for kitchen exhaust. These kinds of ducts are used mainly in exposed area that are fabricated from aluminum sheets or in such places where hygiene is given highest priority. These kinds of ducts have not only high strength but also fine resistant.
- The fourth kind of duct is the aluminum duct that is used mainly in swimming pool or industrial firms.
Need of a duct system
The analysis of the duct system that is designed with its duct accessories is basically to prevent the problems that one may go through before the completion of repairs. The trained professionals analyses the duct system in the following way:
- The duct accessories play a big role in performing the air balances. The professionals analyze it so that they can reach even temperatures throughout the home and even offices.
- They try to detect the leakages, and you need to seal such leaked areas to save your power consumption cost.
- The professionals understand if any repair is required with the duct accessories and is necessary replace the duct system entirely.
Flat oval duct fabrication
The designer designs the ductwork with high quality of duct accessories considering certain factors like fabrication, acoustics as well as performance and economics. The main advantage with flat oval ducts is that it allows the longer lengths more than the average regular rectangular ones. This is helpful to maintain high level of efficiency due to the use of a smaller number of joints. This is turn would mean less amount of loss of air. Since the ducts are oval, they do not bulge due to air pressure.
Why would you install ducts in your room?
The installation of duct system is beneficial as it reduces the cost energy in your homes. It also helps to improve the health as you will experience pure air quality. The members who suffer from any kind of allergies or asthma can be protected. This is equipment that runs at an optimal performance that will reduce the cost of energy.
The duct system should be maintained well so that a clean air circulates in your home. One can also experience even temperature with increased airflow throughout your home. Make sure, you must install such duct accessories by experienced professionals because they can measure your ceiling and customize your ducts according to your needs.
By Kiera Peterson
who is residing in Australia.
Featured Image Caption:- Types of Duct Joints
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.