Vastu Shastra as the name signifies is an architectural science imbibed for guiding human in order to select the path of happiness and prosperity based upon the ancient principles stressing upon the Indian text of Vedas. The basic science of direction blesses people with the elevated powers of directions rendering peace and harmony on an individual. The whole concept of vastu is entirely based on five major elements that make earth and human body. All these elements have their own allotted directions which need to be balanced accordingly.
Following are the complete guide of Vastu enabling you to understand the norms and directions as well as placement.
• The complete typography of plot entirely gives the brief about what the land can give people living there. Evaluating land is one of the significant measures for those who are seeking vastu in construction process. Land evaluation process includes soil tests, fertility, surroundings etc.
• A skilled vastu expert can only feel the vibration and negative energy pertaining with the land and make sure to perform certain tests like testing color of soil, its fertility as wellas the plot surroundings.
• If the land tests are passed without any error and discrepancy, the experts command to buy such plots. Keep in mind that the land evaluation must be done before plot purchasing as it requires lot of investment. If the entire process goes against the land, one must not purchase the same.
Vastu direction is highly important in order to assess the land that has been purchased or about to purchase. While examining land, keep into consideration the shape of land. Basically, regular shapes like square or rectangular shaped plots are highly preferable. Those with irregular shapes like shermukhi are not considered good for residential purposes.
It is essential that one need to consult with the expert to differentiate between gaumukhi and shermukhi plots.
• Rectangular or square shaped lands facing squarely four fundamental directions are ideal to purchase. Any tilt in the plot is acceptable.
• A plot sandwiched between two plots is not acceptable as it is believed to bring poverty.
• Ensure that the land slope should be towards North or East and never towards West or South.
• One need to avoid and kind of obstruction in East, North and North-east directions.
• A residential plot should never be close to school, temple, factory or hospital.
• Make sure that the building construction shouldn’t be stopped in the middle for any reason.
• Construction should be halted before sunset
• All the construction material and other raw material must be placed in the South West corner.
• Place for the watchman or guard man should be given in South-east. One must avoid placing servant in South east.
• The order of construction should be like: ell or boring, store house and then boundary wall.
Guidelines for roads
• Roads having T point running around the square plot from all sides are considered to be very good. It must be purchased despite of having the highest prices. Owner of such property prospers in every way like wealth, health and happiness.
• Roads that run along the plot ending at North-east are considered good and highly auspicious.
• One should avoid L-shape, T-point and Y-intersecting point while purchasing a plot.
Raw material for construction
• Make sure that all the raw materials for constructing a house or factory must be new and no old material should be brought in use for any new construction.
• All the old materials like soil, bricks and wood must be thrown away, as it is believed to give negative energy.
• North East is considered to be ideal for the water resource, but one must consult a vastu expert for appropriate way of under-water and over-head tank. Do remember that incorrectly designed tanks bring ill effects to the residents in terms of health, wealth, anxiety and stress.
• Underwater tank need to be constructed North-east, while, the over headed tank in the South west.
• The construction of the compound walls should be done before performing any other construction. Make sure that it is done on any auspicious astronomical dates.
• South-west is ideal to start with construction while compound wall should not be higher than main wall of house.
• Garage is the most important construction in every apartment. But, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind before constructing a garage. It should always have an entrance either in the east or North.
• One must avoid parking vehicles facing South, South east or North east.
• Parking in the basement is a good option. But, one must choose the direction of East or North direction of basement for constructing garage.
• Being an important section of a house, it should be built facing East or North East direction in order to receive maximum sunlight which is essential for positive energies.
• Make sure that the balcony is not higher than the main building and if there is any tilt, North East will be the ideal location.
• Avoid arch shape corner in open balcony
• Make sure that the living room should be East facing, study room in North with study table placed in such a way that the person sitting must face towards east or north, master bedroom in South West, Kitchen in South east and children room in west.
• Stairs must be odd in numbers with South, West and South west direction.
• Windows facing West should be small while towards East must be large
• Ensure that the doors in house should not be in one straight line leading people from one room to another.
• Entrance gate plays major role in vastushastra. Make sure that this gate is much bigger and stronger that other gates of any building.
• It should have two shutters without any direct walls infront
• Avoid any form of obstacles infront of the gate
• Make sure that the place is tidy and clean in order positive energy to flow in.
• If entrance is in North east, leave lots of open spaces, and if it is in South don’t leave open spaces.
• Ideally, a pooja room should be in North east or in east.
• Idols should be placed in such a way that when we sit, God’s feet should reach to our chest level.
• God’s idol should not be less than 3 feet and not more than 10 feet.
• Master bedroom should always be located in South west direction in order to rest the retired person. Unmarried should never be given this room as it hinders in their marriage prospects
• Girls room should be in North west direction and boys in South
• Mirror should never be placed infront of the bed.
• South West is the ideal location of the locker room that opens towards North. North is the direction of God of wealth Kubera and hence, it is advisable to locate this room in South west direction.
• Place mirror in the locker room where all money is being kept such that money reflects in the mirror.
Bathrooms and Toilets
• Ideally, toilet or bathrooms must in West or North West. Avoid placing them in East and North east.
• Washbasins can be placed in East, North and North east directions.
• The bathroom drainage must be given in the North or North East side.