E-commerce activity involves the exchange of goods and services basically online with clients. Applications of e-commerce is an inevitable factor in the present day whether it is for wholesale or retail business and even for a manufacturing unit. It is, for this reason, you will find that in all types of CMS like WordPress, E-commerce modules or plugins are now included.
Typically e-commerce is categorized into six main types such as:
- Business-to-Business or B2B
- Business-to-Consumer or B2C
- Business-to-Administration or B2A
- Consumer-to-Consumer or C2C
- Consumer-to-Business or C2B
- Consumer-to-Administration or C2A.
If you want to target a larger or even the global audience for your e-commerce business and do not want to travel to places to market your brand or product then using an e-commerce app is the best solution that you can have. This dynamic solution will provide results that may even surpass your imagination. The added advantage is that you really do not need to spend a fortune on these apps.
Recent survey reports suggest that there has been an upsurge in the demand to create e-commerce mobile apps. With more and more startups getting into the e-commerce landscape with each passing day, there is an increased need to tap the mobile customers. For this, you will need to be mobile-first to target them and website-second to increase your customer database.
Developing an e-commerce mobile app today is not a very big deal especially when you have a large number of nascent and premium tools and technologies available all over the market.
Know your business goals
The future of e-commerce is very bright but there is a lot of competition in it. In order to beat this competition, you will need to build your very own and best e-commerce mobile app. For this, you will first need to identify and define your business goals and be extremely clear and specific about it.
- This will help you to choose the type of app you want
- The features to include in it and
- The technologies to use to build it.
With the AI and VR technologies decked up to revamp the e-commerce ecosystem entirely, you can expect a few unpredicted features that are never used before such as the virtual changing room.
In order to make sure that all these useful features and those related to your business are included in your app you will first need to know a few more things such as:
- Who is your target audience?
- What are the brands are you targeting?
- What is your product?
Answers to these questions will help you to determine what type of app you want to build: Android or iOS app.
Define the right features
The most significant factor that makes a site or an app successful is the features that are included in it. What do you think is the reason that most of the people looking to search on the internet prefer Google or those looking for a store to buy a product look for Amazon or those looking for a debt relief option logs in to National debt relief? It is all due to their useful and innovative features.
Therefore, make sure that you define the right features for your e-commerce app that will certainly and clearly reflect your USP. The features included, or even excluded for that matter in your e-commerce app will make all the difference for your target audience. Typically, the features of the app will be the deciding factors for your revenue growth. Wrong inclusion or exclusions will result in your revenue flow to your competitors.
Therefore, set your foot forward to develop your e-commerce app only when you have planned the features to include in it.
Different e-commerce apps
There are a few most commonly used e-commerce applications that you can choose from.
- If you are into retail and wholesale business then you can choose from a variety of e-retailing or online retailing apps. These apps are specially designed to facilitate the selling of goods and services from a business to consumers using electronic stores. There is a shopping cart model as well as an electronic catalog in these apps.
- If you are more focused on marketing using e-commerce and web then the e-commerce marketing apps will help you to collect data to study the preferences, needs, behavior, and buying patterns of your customers. You will also get a lot of help in other marketing activities as well such as price fixing, negotiation, product features and its enhancement, and relationship with your customers.
- While dealing with finance you can use specific mobile apps that will help you in making and ensuring the faster, easier and safer transaction. These apps will help your customers to check the balance in your savings account or the loan account as the case may be. In these apps, useful features such as transmitting money from and to their accounts, e-banking and even paying off bills online are included. Few apps of today also include features like online stock trading.
- If you are into manufacturing business then there are few apps that will help you in the chain operations or supply to the companies through electronic exchange. These apps will help in buying and selling articles together as well as trading info about the market not to forget information on inventory control and other runback offices.
- If you are into auctions then you should not feel left alone as there are specific apps for this purpose as well. In electronic auctions that involve bidding system, these apps will allow prospective buyers to bid for an item making the process faster and simpler.
- Education and entertainment business also can use specific apps. The entertainment e-commerce apps will allow video cataloging, making interactive ads, feature multiplayer games, and also allow online discussion.
- As for the educational training aspect, you can expect these apps to play a major role in interactive education, online classes, video conferencing, and even for linking with different educational training centers.
Therefore, on the basis of your scope of work and type of business, there is an app to promote your e-commerce business and make maximum profits.
Author Bio: Vergis Eva is an experienced blogger who has written articles for several renowned blogs and websites about various uses of social media to engineer more business traffic on business websites.