Pests are not just dangerous for one’s health, they are also a threat to one’s property. They carry spreadable diseases, and some of them steadily demolish the houses and put homeowners out of their comfort zones. Pests are small creatures that can substantially affect the quality of our lives, they are something that should not be overlooked; especially if you are living in Vancouver. Homeowners need the help of the professionals for pest control in Vancouver. In this post, we shall discuss with you about the common pests of Vancouver, and we shall also provide you with some useful tips to deal with them.
Number 1 on Our List: Rats
The rats can fit through small openings that are as small as half an inch in diameter. The roof rats are experts at climbing the roofs. Norway rats can easily make an entry into basements. The rats have very strong jaws too, so they can eat food very quickly. The rats are very capable swimmers, so they can easily travel through sewer lines to enter into homes.
What Can You Do to Take Care of the Intruders, Rats?
- You must keep firewood away from your home.
- Let your birds clean up the birdseed.
- You should trim weed, bushes, and densely growing plants.
- You must ensure that you keep the dry goods in plastic containers.
- Sanitize your house and keep garbage in properly sealed containers.
Number 2 on Our List: Cockroaches
The creepiest and the ugliest pests that you can encounter in your homes are cockroaches. They are nocturnal and highly reproductive insects carrying all kinds of diseases. They travel along the water pipes and conceal in tight, warm, and dark places; such as electrical outlets, refrigerator motors, and kitchen appliances. Usually, cockroaches are brought into homes from outside.
What Can You Do to Take Care of the Intruders, Cockroaches?
- It is always a good idea to check whatever you are carrying into your home thoroughly, such as groceries, bags, and boxes; as cockroaches may come into your home through these items.
- It is sagacious to take the help of a professional to get rid of the cockroaches.
Number 3 on Our List: Wasps
Wasps build their cone-shaped nests in walls, or you may find their nests hanging from trees or buildings. Some of the wasps even build their nests underground. These pests become highly active in the summer. Wasps build a new nest within a colony in spring still, it does not mean that homeowners can get rid of them after one season. They typically do not go too far from their original nests.
What Can You Do to Take Care of the Intruders, Wasps?
- It is always a good idea to seek the help of someone who is an expert in pest control in Vancouver to deal with the wasps.
- Do not let the wasp attack your family members if they are suffering from allergies; in such cases, a wasp attack can be very dangerous.
Number 4 on Our List: Pharaoh Ants
Practically, there is no way for homeowners to prevent pharaoh ants from entering into homes. You cannot spot them easily, as they are very tiny. Their nests are very hard to find. The homeowners attract them with the heat and moisture so that they build a colony in homes. They spread in houses at a quick pace. Thus, they are difficult to take care of.
What Can You Do to Take Care of the Intruders, Pharaoh Ants?
- Do not use a spray over pharaoh ants, as it can cause them to spread further in your house.
- Again, you should make the most of the services of the pest control expert in Vancouver if you want to deal with these unfriendly intruders successfully.
Number 5 on Our List: Bed Bugs
One of the most annoying pests to have at your house in Vancouver is a bed bug. The bed bugs feed off dead human skin leaving the red marks on the human body. They attack at night, so the majority of people do not even notice their attack. You can notice their presence in homes if you see black spots in your home, bloodstains on sheets, and feel a sweet odor in the room.
What Can You Do to Take Care of the Intruders, Bed Bugs?
- Deal with bed bugs with an appropriately labeled pesticide.
- Use steam on the surface of items where you feel the presence of bed bugs.
Pests are not just dangerous for the health of homeowners; they are also a threat to their properties. The 5 most common types of pests that homeowners may find in Vancouver include rats, cockroaches, wasps, pharaoh ants, and bed bugs. There are different ways to deal with these unfriendly intruders; however, the most reliable option for family owners is that they take the friendly services of a team that is, an expert at pest control in Vancouver. To sum up, instead of dealing with the pests themselves; the homeowners should leave it to the pest control experts to get rid of the pests from their homes.
By Jackson Kevin
who has written this article. He writes about lifestyle and Health and he also writes a blog on accountant, in a magazine. He’s a fanatic of all possessions science.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.