Featured Image Caption: Best Dental Clinic in Bangalore
A million-dollar smile is an asset of a lifetime. Cavities and tooth decay happen to be a problem that can affect not only the adults but also the kids. In fact, research reveals that more than 40 percent of the kids between the ages of 2 and 11 years are inflicted with cavity problems while over 20 percent of the kids from the ages of 6 to 11 years have decay in the permanent teeth.
The worst thing is that in most cases they are left untreated. But there is good news too. Cavities happen to be 100 percent preventable.
All you have to do is follow the steps and you can rest assured that your baby’s teeth are properly being taken care of.
- Mothers Take Care of Your Oral Health – This is something that you should keep in mind. You may have heard the saying – “Practise what you preach!”. This is exactly what mothers and pregnant women should do. They should follow great oral hygiene regimen like thorough and daily brushing, flossing and following healthy diet and also going for regular oral tests. This decreases the cavity germs transmission from the mothers to the infants.
- Prevent Baby Bottle Mistakes – Baby bottles can give toddlers great comfort. But a lot of oral issues and tooth decay can be caused if this is misused. You should never put any sugary drink or juice in the baby bottle to avoid cavities. If your kid is accustomed to sugary drinks in the water, you should try diluting the drink with water. Then you should keep on increasing the amount of drinking water until they have only water to drink.
- Teach the Kids Not to Share Their Food – By sharing food and drinks, bacteria can spread very easily. So, you must teach the kids never to share the foods and drinks so that swapping of bacteria can be avoided.
- Do Not Dip the Pacifier into Anything – You should not dip the pacifier into any sweet or sugary drink before use. You should not clean the pacifier in your mouth if it falls. This can transmit the cavity-causing bacteria into the mouth of the child. That is why you should clean it with soap and water and rinse it thoroughly prior to returning it into the mouth of the baby.
- Begin a Cleaning Routine before Being Late – Just because your toddler does not have teeth does not mean that you do not have to clean their mouth. You can clean the toddler’s mouth with a damp clean cloth so that the remnants of the residual food can be done away with easily. This way you are actually helping to improve the health of the baby teeth that are going to erupt soon and making them familiar with the oral care routine that they have to follow for the rest of their lives.
- Avoid the Sugary and Starchy Foods – You should avoid the sugary drinks like juice, soda and sugary beverages. Consumption of too much sugary and starchy foods enhance the amount of plaque or acid eroding substance in the mouth. If your kid consumes or goes for a lot of sugary or starchy food items, you should try to swap them with healthier items like the veggies and food items. You should also teach the kids to brush after every meal.
- Brush and Floss with Them – One great way to make the kids brush and floss is by brushing and flossing with them. This can help to make them brush and floss in a fun way. This will also give you some time to monitor their brushing and flossing time and also judge their progress. Moreover, it also makes everyone to be more responsible for their oral health.
- Pick an Oral Care Clinic before the Age of 1 Year – The reputed and top-notch pediatric clinics seek to foster an inviting and fun ambience that is specially designed for the kids. These clinics have 2-3 years of special training for the adolescents and young kids. In order to prevent cavities and establish a consistent oral care routine you should start before the age of 1 year of your kid and never miss regular appointments with the dentist.
The above is suggested by the reputed dentists of the most renowned and best dental clinic in Bangalore that houses the most learned and experienced staff and uses the latest technology to cater to your every oral need in the best way possible without making a dent in your pocket.
By Shashi Das
who is a digital marketing expert and has worked closely with the dental industry and the renowned dental clinic in Bangalore for many years now. He is also a prolific blogger, apart from being a professional and experienced digital marketing expert, who has written extensively on various topics including dentistry. His endeavor has always been to help out the readers with the authentic and reliable information about the dental treatments so that they can take an informed decision when the need arises.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.