Featured Image Caption: 8000XHT Flow Meter
The 8000XHT series flow meter is a short form of 8000 extreme High Heat, and it’s a type of technology that people use to measure the temperature and the flow rate of a liquid using one instrument. The result in the measurement depends on the fluid’s kinematic viscosity at the set operating temperature. Therefore, it is sometimes related to the 8000 series.
The 8000XHT series is known to provide accurate, reliable, and cost-effective measurement results on certain fluids or liquids, even in extreme conditions. It usually measures heat from -60 to 200 degrees Celsius. Many people use this flow meter from Proteus industries since they are cheap and easy to maintain compared to other flow meters that do not provide accurate results despite being costly.
This article will discuss various aspects of the 8000 series, how it works, and the procedures involved in installing and making it operate in multiple sectors.
Critical aspects of 8000XHT series flow meter
- The temperatures of the liquid range from 40 to 90 degrees Celsius in standard models that have a version of 150 degrees Celsius and above. This enables it to measure temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius.
- It has a warrant of five years from the installation time.
- The liquid flow ranges between 0.05 to 60.0 GPM or 0.2 to 227 LPM.
- It is durable and has an improved precision to signal digital programs, thus providing accurate and stable information.
- It has a trip point electric Alarm that you can use to alert the measurements of liquids or fluids.
- It has a flow range efficiency of 3%. This enables the smooth flow of all types of liquids in the pipe.
- It has an enclosed NEMA IP66 or 4X, which is regular.
- It has two markings. I.e., a 4-20mA and a 0-10 VDC.
How 8000XHT flow meter series works?
After installing the 8000XHT series flow meter, the liquid will start flowing on the pipe, switching the two hall effect sensors on the sensor body or electronic board. The microcomputer in the board counts the flow rate by monitoring and marking the cycles made by the rotor and the factors given by the computer into the memory flash.
The flow rate output ranges between 0 to 5 or 0 to10 VDC and 4 to 20 mA. You can choose an alarm that the 8000 series will use to change the state of the measured liquid it starts flowing. When the flow rate is at an average working level, a bright LED flow sign displays a green color. The green color of the LED changes to red when placed under the alarm flow rate and amber when inserted below the alarm limit that the user has determined on the board.
The procedure of installing an 8000XHT series flow meter in different sectors
In Plumbing connections
- Before installing the 8000 series, you should know its size and determine the type of connection it uses to measure the flow rate.
- Connect the pipes and the fittings required to operate the 8000 series. One should use glue or Teflon tape on the wire pipes to help you lubricate the joints and create a leakproof.
- Try to switch on the liquid flow in slow motion and specify the holes at the connections. While doing this, you should have compress bonds to help you lower the leaks.
In Alarm trip point selection
- Use a flat head screwdriver to do away with the screw end-labeled set. While doing this, you should preserve the O-ring and the closure.
- Change the switch to the point that fits the point trip you wanted. The new trip point will start functioning immediately after changing the switch area.
- Make a leaking seal by changing the O-ring and the screw end and tightening it well enough to ensure that any leak cannot occur.
In Measuring the flow
- Join the digital multimeter’s negative terminal (-) to the analog wire ground, green.
- Combine the multimeter’s positive terminal (+) to the brown or orange wire for voltage output and current product, respectively.
- Estimate the voltage output or the current product.
- Examine the flow rate relating to the flow curves of your model.
In Connecting electricity
- Switch off the 24 VDC power origin and pipe.
- Follow the best wiring procedure to connect or join all the wires.
- Confirm whether you have joined all the wires to ensure safety.
- Switch on the power in the 24 VDC.
- This will make the flow switch LED switch on. You can identify the colors of the LED through the alarm trip points or the flow rates.
In selecting the output
- Like in alarm trip point selection, use the screwdriver to separate the screw end located close to the power cable. The position of the O-ring should be constant.
- Place the switch to the designated area on the out[put the charge for it to start functioning immediately after the changes.
- Tighten the screw end and the O-ring well enough to ensure no leak can occur.
Benefits of 8000XHT series flow meter
- People can use it to measure the temperature of different types of liquids and fluids.
- They are cheap and reliable hence many people can afford them.
- It provides accurate and exact measurement readings and displays them on digital screens.
- It can resist high heat levels. This is due to its unique design.
- It has a five years warranty after installation.
- It can also measure the viscosity of different types of liquids.
- The lower readings range between 1.0 to 60 LPM.
The 8000 series flow meters are the cheapest and best-known flow meters so far, providing accurate measurement of heat or temperature of many types of liquids or fluids. However, it would be best to place the meter on a severe scale for you to get the most accurate readings.
By Naman Modi
who is a Professional Blogger, SEO Expert & Guest blogger at Proteus Industries Inc. He is an Award-Winning Freelancer & Web Entrepreneur helping new entrepreneur’s launches their first successful online business.
Member since April, 2019
View all the articles of Naman Modi.