Featured Image Caption: Students Giving Exam
Are you wondering which curriculum is best for your child? In India, you can find various curriculums such as State boards, CBSE, ICSE, and IB. Each curriculum has its pros and cons. Among all of these, the most popular one is CBSE. It is owned and controlled by the Union Government of India.
In this article, we will discuss different facts you must know about CBSE education. So, if you are considering CBSE school for your child, read this article till the very end.
Before we start, here is a reliable way to find the best school for your child. Visit the school searcher website to find the perfect school for your child.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
The central board of secondary education is a national-level education board of India. It is owned and managed by the Government of India. The board was established in 1929 and is a result of an experiment towards inter-state cooperation in terms of secondary education. It is probably the most popular curriculum among all the other boards present in India. It is equally famous in different foreign countries. And this is the only reason why there are 26,054 different schools in India and 240 in foreign countries.
Key Objectives of CBSE
The main objective of the CBSE is to find a robust vibrant and holistic school education that will help students to develop themselves in different spheres. The board is also committed to ensuring high-quality education and promoting intellectual social and cultural diversity. The board also wants to ensure uniform education throughout different parts of India.
Salient Features of CBSE Education System
Here are the salient features of the CBSE education system:
- The main aim of the CBSE education system is to provide equal opportunities to different students for physical, intellectual, and social growth.
- Uphold and promote different constitutional values such as socialism secularism democracy republic justice equality, etc. through different learning activities.
- Develop self-esteem, empathy, and mutual respect towards different cultures through different curricular or co-curricular activities.
- An integrated education system in various disciplines in different parts of India.
- Promote professional interest in different fields and make students capable of them.
- The CBSE recently introduced life skill education as an important part of the curriculum. It will help students to make informed decisions, solve different problems, think out of the box, improve their communication skills and learn different skills to live their life happily and productively.
- CBSE syllabus does not only focus on educating the student but making them prepared for their upcoming future.
- The CBSE prepares its syllabus in such a way that it makes its students prepared for the various entrance exams.
Various Subjects Offered By CBSE
There are different subjects in the CBSE syllabus. The basic subjects are mathematics, science, English, Hindi or regional language, social science.
There are seven different areas where CBSE focus at the secondary level:
- Humanities: It includes Geography, History, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Fine Arts, Political Science, Fashion study, Creative writing, Translation studies, etc.
- Science and Technology: including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ICT, Information practices, and Web & Multimedia studies.
- Commerce: Business Study, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Economics, and other related subjects.
- Health and physical education
- Visual and performing arts: Dance, Drama, Music, Drawing, Painting, Craft, Sculpting, etc.
Benefits of CBSE- Why Should You Choose CBSE Education System?
Here are some known benefits of choosing the CBSE education system:
- This system is recognized by the Indian government. And thus, the curriculum of different grades is decided by the Indian government.
- The CBSE schools focus on different languages including foreign languages too. It is not limited to English or Hindi. Students can learn in their regional language or any foreign language such as German, French, and Spanish.
- Learning from different foreign languages helps them to prepare for their further studies in foreign countries.
- CBSE education system is not only recognized by the government of India but by almost all the different universities across the globe. So, you won’t have to worry about applying for higher studies in foreign countries. Around 214 schools in foreign countries are offering a CBSE curriculum.
- If your child wants to prepare for any government competitive exams such as medical, engineering, or UPSC, then you will be sure we benefited by choosing this curriculum. Because the CBSE designs its syllabus to make the students prepare for the different entrance exams suggest IIT-JEE, AIEE, or AIIMS.
- If you often have to relocate due to your job duty, then CBSE is a perfect option for you. Since the CBSE curriculum is uniform throughout the country, your child will not struggle to adapt to the new school.
- CBSE does not only focus on providing high-quality education but also ensures the mental, physical, and emotional growth of the students. It does so by introducing different curricular and co-curricular activities. This system is recognized by the Indian government. And thus, the curriculum of different grades is decided by the Indian government.
- The board designs the textbook and study material in such a way that students find it interactive and interesting. So, they won’t be bored and can learn things in exciting ways.
- CBSE does not provide a rigid stream option to its students. A student can pick their subjects to hone their skills and take a step forward towards their dream.
- CBSE aims to promote talent in sports. To do so they hold exams on a convenient day for students who are participating in different sports competitions. It also has made compulsory for different schools to allot daily sports period.
- The CBSE has also introduced modern age subjects such as artificial intelligence, yoga, and early childhood care education in their curriculum.
I hope this article helps you to make an informed decision for your child’s future. Do share your queries or experience in the comment section below.
By Rahul Ghundiyal
who is founder of RNG SEO and author at Techssocial.
Member since January, 2021
View all the articles of Rahul Ghundiyal.
Leave a Reply