Featured Image Caption: Yoga Breathing Exercises
Breathing is the technique that carries the most crucial element for living, Oxygen, through our body and supplies it to all the organs. Breathing also helps to remove the toxins from the body for a healthy being. On an average, a person takes around 12-20 breaths in a minute which is the ideal breath rate for optimal health. But with conscious breathing through pranayama, meditation and asana practice we can ignite awareness that helps us slow down the breath pace to 4-7 breaths a minute and restore vitality and health.
With conscious breathing practice, we put our mind into a relaxing state and balance the body.
In yoga, there are many breathing techniques and each helps us solve various health issues.
Pranayama – A yogic breath control technique
Breath is the vital energy of the body and through the yoga breathing techniques, we can control our breath for enhanced benefits. With a control of the pranic energy through pranayama practice, it helps to achieve a relaxed body and mind. Breathing techniques not only provide good health but also help to acquire a higher state of awareness. The practice of pranayama means achieving a balance in the prana activities and result in an overall well being.
Here are amazing yoga breathing exercises for balancing the body and mind:
Yoga breathing exercises for balancing the mind
Yoga breathing of pranayama consists of tremendous benefits and with a few minutes of daily practice, you can attain all. One of the most wonderful benefits of practicing yoga breathing techniques is to bring in a peace of mind and relaxation. Most of the pranayama practices emphasize holding the breath that cut the exhalation and inhalation time. The cutting of the respiration time means we breathe slowly, and with this, our brain slows its functioning capacity. The slow functioning of the brain helps to elevate mood, reduces stress, and calms down the anxiety level.
Practicing Anulom Vilom or Alternate Nostril Breathing exercise balance the mind. For more relaxation, practice before going to bed.
- Sit on the floor in a relaxing position with an erect spine and crossed legs.
- Now place the right thumb on the right nostril, and forefinger and middle finger in between the eyebrows.
- Now close the right nostril and breathe in through the left nostril.
- Hold the breath and then place the ring finger on the left nostril and close it.
- Now release the breath from the right nostril.
- Now repeat the process by inhaling from the right and exhaling from the left.
- Do it for 5 minutes.
Yoga breathing techniques for Chakra Balancing
Practice Anulom Vilom Pranayama for balancing the Chakra. Anulom Vilom is also called Nadi Shodhana Pranayama. The Chakra Balancing breathing techniques are great for purifying the nadis or channels of the body through which the life force or prana and Kundalini Energy flows. Practicing Anulom Vilom Pranayama can help balance the flow between the three primary channels of the energy – Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna.
Balancing of the chakra also benefits in many other ways:
- Calms the mind and brings peace
- Balances harmony and tranquillity in the entire system
- Prepares the body and mind for a higher level of pranayama practice
- Infuses the advanced meditate state of consciousness
- Purifies the body
- Increases oxygen supply in the body
- Improves respiratory system
- Strengthens the nervous system
Pranayama Breathing Exercise for Balancing Hormones
The practice of pranayama is not only good for physical and mental health but also improves the emotional well-being. Pranayama practice balances the hormones that may get disturbed due to various issues such as unhealthy diet, being on the birth control pills, PCOD, or any other reason or ailment. This Pranayama technique is one of the most powerful breathing techniques that balances the hormones and is easy to perform.
Pranayama technique named ‘Kapalbhati or Breath of Fire’ is one potential tool to reset the glands effectively and to quickly balance the hormones. Kapalbhati gets the glandular system or hormones in order if you practice it daily for three minutes. Kapalbhati pranayama helps the pineal and pituitary gland secrete a special hormone that balances the glands.
- Sit on the floor with crossed legs and erect spine. Place your hands on the knees and close your eyes.
- Now gradually breathe in and breathe out evenly from both your nostrils.
- The inhalation should be passive and exhalation should be powerful.
- Repeat the process for 5 minutes.
Breathing Techniques Benefits – Breathe yoga to balance the body channels, lower the blood pressure, improve digestion, calm the anxiety, and to change your life for the better.
Breathing control teaches us to control the prana, and that further helps us to keep the mind and body under control. Practice the major aspects of yoga – asana, pranayama, and meditation to attain a complete well-being.