Featured Image Caption: Screen Cleaning Tips
The phone is always with us. This is both good and bad, because we pick it up with dirty hands, and then rub our face, spreading bacteria throughout the body.
What do you need to clean the screen?
- No. 1 – a soft cloth. It can be a microfiber or wipes for monitors. A piece of corduroy, felt or cotton cloth will do.
- No. 2 is an antiseptic with 70% isopropyl alcohol to wipe the screen. This is what Apple recommends for wiping their equipment. Or a spray for cleaning monitors. It should be sprayed on a rag and wiped the device.
Can I wipe my smartphone screen with vodka? Only if it has a protective screen. Otherwise, the oleophobic coating will be damaged. This method of cleaning is ineffective because you need 60% alcohol in the solution for disinfection. Vodka has only 40%. Cologne and absinthe are not suitable as a sterilizer either. They can stain the thin glass of the device.
How to properly wipe and clean the display?
Gadgets without buttons are easy to clean. With a damp cloth or a microfiber – it makes no difference. The result will not keep you waiting.
With a push-button phone, you’ll have to fiddle. After all, the keys are “weak points”, where dirt and germs accumulate. You need to make sure that the case does not get a lot of liquid.
What shouldn’t you do?
Cleanliness is clean, but to break the phone is definitely not in the plans. When it comes to disinfecting your gadget, you need to remember the following points.
- It is not recommended to spray anything on your phone or tablet, not even liquid sanitizers.
- Gel sanitizer even more so, we do not advise. It can get inside the device.
- Washing in water is absurd. Otherwise, the sensitive “filling” will give up its life.
- To wash in soapy water is a fiasco. Even devices with an IP68 rating are not designed for “chemistry” in water.
- It is better to forget about agents based on chlorine, they leave stains on the screen.
It is forbidden to use any abrasive cleaners, like sand grains scratch surfaces.
Apple phones are powerful “horses. However, like every thoroughbred “horse”, they need special care. Technique Apple can not be cleaned with an ordinary alcohol wipe or pour gel sanitizer. The basic rules of iPhone cleaning are below.
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Max
The body of the device itself is made of textured matte glass. With prolonged use without cleaning, it can “carry” dirt from objects in contact with the phone. However, there is no need to fear this.
In most cases, the dust is removed in a standard way, including on the iPhone 11 display. The screen will shine as good as new, there will be no trace of disrepair.
Important: To the glass case does not catch dirt, it is enough to hide it in a thin silicone case. It will not affect the thickness, but the device will be cleaner + protected from damage.
iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7
These phones have a standard back:
- XS has metal + protective glass,
- The older models have only metal.
- So it is a bit easier to clean them.
While wiping the X and XS requires following exactly the same instructions as above, for the “older” iPhones it’s a bit different:
- the metal back can be wiped with any wipe. It is not afraid of alcohol;
- the front will have to wipe more carefully – all because of the Home button, which can “sink” too much liquid.
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s
Removing dirt and dust from these phones is almost no different than cleaning your iPhone 7. Except that you have to do it more carefully.
Cell phones are not equipped with protection against moisture and dust, so even a drop falling under the casing can break the device.
iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
These phones need to be cleaned as carefully as possible. Since the models are outdated, finding a new protective glass or replacement parts will be a task with an asterisk.
The tablet requires a careful attitude. Clean your iPad in 4 steps.
- Turn off the device, in order in the case of water, the device is not short-circuited.
- Wipe with a lint-free cloth or wipe with isopropyl alcohol.
- Wipe the device dry with a cloth.
- Turn on the device.
Using disinfectants with another type of alcohol can damage the oleophobic film. Then after each use, the iPad will have greasy finger smudges on it.
Amazon Kindle e-books, PocketBook
E-link displays can withstand almost any fall, but they are not friendly with chemistry. The upper part of the device is made of plastic, which can be damaged by contact with any corrosive liquids such as alcohol or acetone. The substrate of the monitor of the e-book is made of very thin glass, which can crack under excessive pressure.
Manufacturers recommend wiping the reader with a soft cloth. The microfiber cloths are perfect for cleaning PocketBook. You can moisten one part of it with water to wipe the screen. With the other half wipe it dry.
Easy cleaning removes up to 90% of germs. For a one hundred percent guarantee, we recommend using a UV lamp. It will sterilize the device without overheating it, as will happen under direct sunlight.
It is easier to keep devices clean if they have a protective glass on the display and a case. Then you can wipe with alcohol and paper towels. Finally, the damaged coating is easier to replace with a new one. But those who do not accept treads will be more difficult. They will have to follow strict rules for the correct cleaning of touch screens.
By Christopher Hill
– I have been working in Walmart in Illinois for over 5 years. Since childhood, I have loved various gadgets, especially to disassemble them. Collecting, of course, did not always work. But tablets cause my special love, for my seventeenth birthday my grandmother gave me my first Windows tablet, after that, I was the owner of almost all the most popular and best tablet models, from the iPad to the top-of-the-line Chinese Xiaomi. Thanks to my work, I held in my hands and know the features of absolutely all tablet computers and in my blog, I want to talk about them so that you could buy exactly what you need, and I could earn some money for my studies at the Illinois Institute of Technology.