Laser treatment for acne scars, wax for hair removal, among other beauty treatments is a few of the ways that can help you achieve celebrity-like perfect skin. There’s nothing wrong with spending a little extra money to achieve that “I woke up like this” look for real. I mean, who doesn’t want to have perfect, glowy and flawless skin, right?
While it’s normal for us to have acne, dark bags under our eyes, wrinkles, to name a few- we still want to avoid and eventually get rid of them as much as we can. Question is, do we have the money to do so?
Well, let me tell you this: There are so many natural ways to take care of your skin without spending too much money and without going under the knife!
Natural Alternatives to Expensive Beauty Treatments
Skincare routine has become a trend, and it’s a perfect alternative to expensive beauty treatments. Try to search it on YouTube or any social media platforms. I’m pretty much sure you’ll see thousands of beauty routines circulating online shared by YouTubers, influencers, etc.
Simply, taking care of your skin is personal. The decision is yours to make when it comes to your body. However, if you’re looking for some help to start your natural skincare ritual, then you’re in the right article!
For today’s fitness and health write-up, Vivotion has provided you with 12 natural beauty tips that are ideal for any skin type. Save your time, money and health with these do-it-yourself beauty tips.
1. Natural Beauty Tips For Any Skin Type
Do you want to know the best part in applying these natural beauty tips onto your face and body? It’s the moment you use the healing power of nature and supporting your body’s innate healing abilities to look naturally beautiful.
Chilled Tea Bags
Chilled Tea Bags for EyesDid you know that a chilled tea bag, e.g. green, black or chamomile, helps in eliminating tired puffy eyes? Here’s how you can do it:
- Soak two tea bags in hot water for less than a minute
- Remove them from the hot water and let them chill in the refrigerator
- Once chilled, you can now place one bag over each of your closed eyelids
- Leave them on your lids for 5 to 15 minutes
2. Natural Face Lift with a Simple Yoga Pose
Regular yoga practice can transform your mind and body, and every dedicated yogi knows that fact. In fact, some yoga poses can give you a natural facelift—the downward dog for example.
This pose helps in improving your blood circulation which can give your face an extra lift and vitality. This can be your go-to yoga pose before your interview, photoshoot and meetings.
As long as you feel comfortable, you can stay in this position for about 1 to 5 minutes. Don’t forget to ask for your healthcare provider’s permission to modify this posture only if you have some injuries or back pain.
3. Hydrate and Add an Extra Glow to Your Skin
You can now achieve that soft, kissable skin with this natural pomegranate, raspberry, and sweet almond oil blend.
By creating this natural antioxidant-rich oil blend, this will not only help you to hydrate your skin, but it will also add an extra glow to the end of your skincare regimen.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Place 3 to 6 drops of Pomegranate seed oil, Raspberry seed oil, and Sweet Almond oil mixture in the palm of your hand
- To warm the oils, rub your hands together
- Then gently press the warm oil into the dry areas of your skin and the areas where you have fine lines and wrinkles with your fingertips
- Apply after cleansing your face or after putting on makeup
4. Coconut Water
Drinking coconut water helps in hydrating dry skin. So if you want to get rid of that dry skin, you can start off your morning with a glass of fresh coconut water.
Please don’t forget to drink filtered water throughout the day as well!
Pro Tip: Skin-hydrating foods such as wild salmon, olives, avocados, and coconut are a perfect addition to your meals.
5. Organic Papaya Mask
Dead skin is one of our main concerns. The good thing is, there’s now a natural way to remove them and revitalise our face-organic papaya mask.
One of the leading causes of skin damage and the speed signs of ageing is the exfoliants we use. These exfoliants contain rough ingredients which can damage our skin.
To prevent this from happening, using an enzymatic exfoliant can be your best bet. This is where papaya comes in handy as it contains the enzyme papain.
You can also opt for pineapple as it contains the enzyme bromelain. These enzymatic exfoliants can help you exfoliate your skin naturally which leaves it smooth and soft.
Here’s how can you can do it:
- Scoop out a ¼ cup raw papaya. You can mash or blend it with one tablespoon of fresh pineapple until they smoothen
- Apply the mask to the areas where your skin feels and is dry
- Leave the mask for about 5 to 15 minutes
- Then rinse it with cold water
Take note: If you have sensitive skin, it is advisable to do a patch test on your arm before you apply the mask to your face.
6. Shea Butter Lip Treatment
Normally, a chapstick contains petrolatum, mineral oil, and hormone-disrupting oxybenzone. Did you know that you can replace these with shea or cocoa butter and coconut oil?
Thanks to their nourishing natural ingredients, you can forget about your chapsticks for a while. It’s time to create your own lip treatment that can help you to hydrate and nourish your lips.
7. Arnica for Dark Circles
I know the struggle of waking up in the morning and seeing yourself in the mirror with dark bags under your eyes. I mean, that’s normal, but of course, we want to get rid of it as much as we can.
The good thing is, there’s a natural way to stop these dark circles under your eyes- Arnica. Arnica has anti-inflammatory properties which help in alleviating swelling and reducing the appearance of dark under eye circles.
You can apply arnica gel or any skincare product which contains arnica to get rid of darkness under your eyes in the morning.
8. Green Algae for Sunburns, Sun Damage and Uneven Skin Tone
Chlorella and resveratrol have natural ingredients which can help in nourishing and protecting your skin from the sun’s damaging effects. Chlorella Vulgaris or green algae contains high levels of chlorophyll which can shield your skin from the UV radiation.
So if you’re thinking about ways to prevent your sunburns and sun damage, or having an uneven skin tone? Green algae may be the only answer, well naturally speaking that is.
9. Aloe Vera for Red Irritated Skin
If your skin is red and irritated, you need to soothe it right away.
Aloe vera gel has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and healing properties which can help to transform your red, irritated skin into soft, healthy skin.
10. Tea Tree Oil for Clear Skin
Research shows that tea tree oil can help in reducing mild to moderate acne breakouts. Thanks to their antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, you can now eliminate your pimples for clearer skin.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Use diluted tea tree oil as the undiluted variety can burn and irritate your skin when applied directly
- Add 1 to 2 drops to your cleanser or moisturiser
- Apply this 2 to 3 times daily
11. Chamomile Tea Ice Cubes for Tired-Looking Skin
Chamomile tea ice cubes can freshen up your tired-looking skin and here’s how you can do it:
- Brew a pot of 1 chamomile tea with 1.5 cups water then allow it to cool for 10 minutes or more
- Then pour it into ice tray and place in the freezer
- Once frozen, you can wrap them in a thin cloth or washcloth and apply it directly to your pimples, puffy under eye skin, sun-kissed or irritated skin
- Apply for a few seconds to 1 minute per area
12. Honey, Turmeric, and Yoghurt for a Smoother Complexion
Dreaming about having clean facial pores? A mixture of honey, turmeric, and yoghurt can help give you the clean-facial-pores look and achieve a smoother complexion.
With the healing, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial effects of honey; the pore-cleansing and sebum balancing effects of turmeric; and the lactic acid effects and pH-enhancing properties of yoghurt; makes these three natural ingredients the perfect pore cleanser.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Mix one tablespoon of plain yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of raw honey, and one teaspoon of turmeric powder into a paste
- Apply the paste into your face and neck then leave the mask for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash it with cold water
- Apply your go-to serum and moisturiser after
Do-it-yourself skin care products are way more efficient and cost-effective.
There are tons of natural beauty tips out there, but we hope these 12 DIY beauty treatment alternatives will help you save your time, your money, and your health.
By Isabel Speckman
who is based in North Carolina and a freelance writer. She is having 10 years of experience as a professional writer and a mother of three.