Featured Image Caption: JEE Main Result 2019
The first attempt of the JEE Main 2019 is currently underway. It started from January 8, 2019, and will go on to January 12, 2019. In case you have appeared or will be appearing for the exam during this period, then you might be eagerly awaiting the results. In this article, we will give you a step-by-step process to check your JEE Main result.
Some important information about JEE Main Result 2019
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the JEE Main Answer Keys and also Recorded Responses for both Papers I and II after the conclusion of the exam. The answers are assessed based on the final answer keys.
- For the calculation of the normalized scores, the class 12 marks are NOT taken into consideration.
- The NTA does not send any scorecard to applicants. The result is declared online and you must download your result (more details below).
- The calculation of marks is done as follows:
- Paper I: Number of correct answers x 4 – Number of incorrect answers x 1
- Paper II: Number of correct answers in Mathematics and Aptitude Test x 4 + Marks scored in the drawing test – Number of incorrect answers in Mathematics and Aptitude test x 1
JEE Main Result Date
For the January session i.e. exams conducted between January 8 and 12, the JEE Main Result date is January 30, 2019.
Checking the JEE Main Result
Via the Google Link
Last year, Google had created a direct link to help students check the JEE Main Result online. This year too, a similar link is being developed. All you need to do is type ‘JEE Main Result’ in the Google search box and hit enter. You will see the following page:
Once you get this link, enter your Roll number and Date of Birth and you can instantly see your result.
Via the Official Website
You can also check your result by visiting the official website for JEE Main. Here you can search for JEE Main 2019 Result link and click it. You will have to enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth in order to view your result. Until last year, CBSE was conducting the exam and the result page looked like this:
While the NTA has taken over this year, we expect the results page to be similar. Once you enter your details and click submit, you will be able to see your result. The result page shows the following details:
- Your Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Father’s name
- Category, etc.
Apart from this personal information, you will be able to see your marks in each subject along with the total marks in JEE Main 2019. The page also displays the cut-off scores for eligibility for JEE Advanced. Here is a sample scorecard:
What if you cannot recall your Roll Number?
It can happen. Stress, anticipation, excitement – the reasons can be many. However, if you are trying to type your Roll Number and just can’t seem to recall it, then don’t panic. Here is what you can do:
- You can find your Roll number on the admit card. Therefore, get your Admit Card and type your roll number.
- Another thing you can do is take a picture of the Admit Card and store the image on your phone. This will ensure that you always have your Roll Number with you.
- Just in case you are unable to track the Admit Card as well as the photograph, you can visit nta.ac.in or jeemain.nic.in and download it again. However, you will need your Application number and password for the same. Now, we don’t expect you to remember the Application Number, but you don’t have to. When you had applied for the exam through the JEE Main login, you would have received an email with the Application Number in it.
- Worst case scenario – if you cannot locate the email either, then you can retrieve your application number and password by using the Forgot Application Number / Forgot Password option respectively.
Challenging the JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
- Visit the JEE Main Login page and sign in using your login credentials.
- Go to the JEE Main Answer Keys and OMR option
- Download your Question Papers and Responses
- Go through them in detail.
- If you are not satisfied with the captured responses, then you can challenge the Answer Key.
- Fill an application form for challenging it
- Select the question(s) that you want to challenge
- Pay the fees (Rs. 1,000 per question) using credit/debit cards and e-challan
- Submit the challenge
- If your challenge is accepted by the Board, then you will receive a refund of the amount
We hope that this article answers all your questions about JEE Main Results. Ensure that you check the official website of JEE Main regularly so that you don’t miss on any important updates or notifications. Once you get your result, do not forget to print it or save it as a PDF file (in case you don’t have a printer at home) and print it later. We hope that your results exceed your expectations. Good Luck!
By Dinesh Mittal
who is a seasoned writer and has over the years contributed quality content on various high-profile websites. He has particularly excelled in niches like Fashion, Business, Entrepreneurship, Education etc. His professionalism, four year’s experience, and expertise make him one of the most sought-after content writers in the field.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.