Featured Image Caption: Top 10 Newspapers in India
Though news reading is getting more and more online with every passing day, nothing can replace the warmth supplied by a conventional newspaper. The day appears boring, if one forgets to read the paper with his daily cup of tea. Yes, reading newspapers is a special experience in itself.
To make your journey with your daily paper ever more enticing, we have prepared the list for the top 10 newspapers for the current year.Here it goes.
- Dainik Jagran– With a readership of more than 17 million, this paper is earning a top slot every time. Great work, team Jagran!
- Dainik Bhaskar– Started in 1956 this is another Hindi newspaper that is loved by Indians. It currently has a readership of more than 14 million and counting.
- Hindustan– Published by the prominent Hindustan Times Group, this Hindi daily is in existence for the past 75 years. Readers love the paper for its balanced coverage of Domestic and International news stories.
- Malayalam Manoranjana– Though being a Malayalam daily, this newspaper has an immense readership. Reason; India has a good population of Malayalam speakers.
- Times Of India– Coming from the realms of the eminent Bennett Coleman Group, this English newspaper is a legend in itself. Available in almost all metros of the country, Times of India is taking journalism to the next level from the last 100 years.
- Amar Ujala– Occupying the sixth spot, this Hindi newspaper is loved by a majority of the Hindi speaking population. The reason for its popularity is its constant push towards citizen journalism.
- Daily Thanti– This Tamil paper is heavily read in the cities of Tamil Nadu, Mumbai, Bangalore and Pondicherry, hence taking the position number seven.
- Matrubhumi– Owned by the Matrubhumi Group, this newspaper has a readership of more than 6 billion people. It is available in Malayalam language and is popular among many cities in the South.
- Lokmat– Loved for its political take, this newspaper is popular in parts of Maharashtra and Goa. It has a current readership of 5.1 million.
- Rajasthan Partrika– This Hindi newspaper is fast climbing the popularity charts with increasing readership very passing day. It is available in many parts of the country.