Featured Image Caption: Effective Home Remedies to Remove Sun Tan | Photo Credit : www.myhealthtips.in
We Indians are more popular for our dusky look that is considered to be the most appealing for everyone. But, how about sun tan, black patches or dark skin color? And especially when you find that those skin color are not your actual color, will you be able to accept it? Obviously not. The reason for dark skin is sun tan. Long exposure under the harmful radiation of sun results in the production of melatonin in heavy amount. This results in the darkening of your color complexion. Sun tan majorly affects the open areas like face, neck, arms and legs. Major problem that can be caused due to sun tan are acne, dark spots, wrinkles and premature aging of skin.
Covering your skin with umbrella or sun protective dresses may be effective to certain extent but cannot protect you completely. On the other hand applying sun screen lotion is highly recommended when you go out in sun, but its functionality exists to certain limit and as soon as the limit goes beyond, it becomes essential for each one of us to rely on the homemade remedies. Though there are number of cosmetic products in the market that brings solution for sun tan, but, they are highly expensive and doesn’t suits to everyone’s pocket.
As a result, homemade products seem to be the best and natural options without any side effects.
- Due to its bleaching properties, lemon juice has been proved to be highly effective in reducing sun tan.
- According to home remedies for life lemon juice can also helps to remove accumulated dead skin cells.
- You can apply fresh lemon juice directly to your skin, let it dry and wash after while. Adding pinch of sugar to lemon juice proves highly effective as sugar acts as a cleansing agent.
- Add tomato pulp and honey in lemon juice. Mix them and apply gently on face. Let the pack dry and then wash it with cold water.
- Mix yogurt, cornmeal and lemon juice together in a bowl. Massage your skin in circular motion using your fingers. Let it remain on your face for 15-20 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
- Raw potato is an excellent remedy for removing tanned skin
- Peel the raw potato and make fine paste in blender. Apply the paste on face and neck. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with cold water.
- You can also cut the slices of the potato and directly rub it on your skin. This will save time to extract the potato juice. Let it dry and then wash it with cold water.
- Especially those who have oily skin. Aloe vera is an effective solution.
- Cut the aloe vera tentacles and get the gel from it. Apply it on the skin and massage it for two to three minutes. This will nourish your skin and keep healthy.
- You can apply the aloe vera while going bed and leave it overnight. Wash your face in the morning.
All forms of dairy products like milk, yogurt, butter and buttermilk are the effective products to sort out the tan problems. Use any of them to get massage before going bed. Especially those who have oily skin shouldn’t use this product, as it may cause acne problems.
Gram Flour is useful in treating sun tan. Mix it with water, add a pinch of turmeric and apply on the face and neck. Allow it to dry and then wash it with cold water.
On applying wheat flour on skin, it reduces the dark spots and improves the tone of skin. Mix one spoonful wheat flour with water. Apply on face and neck, let it dry and wash with cold water.
Cucumber soothes your skin and provides relief from sun tan. Mix cucumber juice with lime juice. Add a pinch of turmeric to it and apply on the affected area. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off. You can either cut the slices of cucumber and rub on your skin.
Do you enjoy writing and have something interesting to share?
You are at the right place. Inspiring MeMe is the world's fastest growing platform to share articles and opinions. We are currently accepting articles, blogs, personal experiences & tips and would love to have you onboard.